roy's chocolate soufflé
batter for the soufflé:
- 6 ounces butter
- 1/2 pound semi-sweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
instructions for the batter:
- Melt butter and choloate over low heat.
- Mix sugar and corn starch together in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl, add the yolks in with the eggs.
- When the butter and chocolate is melted, add to the sugar, mix it with a wire whip, then add the eggs and mix it again, just until it looks smooth.
- Transfer to another container if desired.
- >Chill over night.
instructions for the soufflé:
- Line the metal ring with a strip of the parchment paper
- Set on the pizza pan on top of the square parchment paper
- Spray with pam
- Scoop the souffle base into the ring 2/3 full
- For best results and faster baking time leave it at room temperature for an hour before baking
- The pizza pan holds up to 3 rings but increase baking time 1-2 minutes
instructions for cooking the soufflé:
- In a pre-heated 400 degree oven set on the top rack
- Bake for approximately 20-24 minutes - you must practice as there are variables in oven temps, etc. (try 18-19 minutes)
- Remove from oven
- With a pair of tongs hold the mold and slide a metal spatula under it and carefully lift on to a plate
- Slide out spatula gently, lifto off the mold and remove the paper (If it breaks then you need to bake the next one longer, if it doesn't run out when cut, then bake it less)
- Serve immediately while very hot.